Seminar \ nr. 37378
Schulung - IBM NW79G - TCP/IP for z/OS: Diagnostics and Debugging
- 4 Tage
Seminar Nr. : 37378
Dauer : 4 Tage (24 Stunden)
Unsere Experten entwickeln Ihr individuell angepasstes Seminar!
Teilen Sie dieses Seminar
This course is designed to give you the skill required to diagnose and debug TCP/IP problems when operating on z/OS. This skill consists in developing knowledge of commands and tools together with a methodology in tackling TCP/IP problems.
The lab activity and paper projects provide an opportunity to debug real problems.
Training Paths that reference this course are:
Wer sollte teilnehmen:
This intermediate course is for anyone who works on TCP/IP networks and provides support in the resolution of communication problems on z/OS.
You should have:
Completed TCP/IP for z/OS Implementation Workshop (CB695)
Knowledge of z/OS.
- Learn what commands are useful in a z/OS environment to control TCP/IP resources, the TELNET application, and debug TCP/IP simple network problems
- Learn which trace types (packet, TELNET, FTP, and so forth) are available in a z/OS environment and know: What kind of information can be found in a trace
When to activate a trace
How to activate a trace
How to interpret a trace (for the packet trace there is a dedicated topic)
- Use the proper diagnostic technique to approach TCP/IP problems
- Describe the Syslog function in the UNIX environment and know how to configure the /etc/syslog.conf file
- Understand how to handle and modify the translate tables used by many TCP/IP applications that connect to remote systems which use ASCII character coding
- Activate and interpret several trace types, and debug some real problems which involve the use of various application protocols.
presentation, discussion, hands-on exercises, demonstrations on the system
Es entstehen keine zusätzlichen Liefer- & Versandkosten