Schulung: IBM TS616G - IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 Implementation and Administration
IBM Spectrum Protect 8.1.2 is a data backup and recovery solution designed to help you manage your data retention, reduce the cost of storage, and provide appropriate recovery point objectives
to meet any service level agreement. IBM Spectrum Protect offers improved efficiency and flexibility using object - based data management and policy driven retention.
This five day course will focus on implementation and basic administration of a IBM Spectrum Protect environment. The hands - on lab exercises are performed on a W indows 2012 environment. The course materials include examples of AIX and Linux commands, when different from Windows.
- Unit 1: Components and concepts lecture
- Unit 1: Components and concepts exercise
- Unit 2: Installation and configuration lecture
- Unit 2: Installation and configuration exercise
- Unit 3: Interfaces and monitoring lecture
- Unit 3: Interfaces and monitoring exercise
- Unit 4: Storage pools and devices lecture
- Unit 4: Storage pools and devices exercise
- Unit 5: Policy management, data movement, and exploration lecture
- Unit 5: Policy management, data movement, and exploration exercise
- Unit 6: Server database and storage pool management lecture
- Unit 6: Server database and storage pool management exercise
- Unit 7: Client configuration lecture
- Unit 7: Client configuration exercise
- Unit 8: Client data protection lecture
- Unit 8: Client data protection exercise
- Unit 9: Daily operations and maintenance lecture
- Unit 9: Daily operations and maintenance exercise
- Unit 10: Schedules and reports lecture
- Unit 10: Schedules and reports exercise
After completing this course, you should be able to:fter completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the purpose of IBM Spectrum Protect
- Install and configure the IBM Spectrum Protect components
- Use the administrative and client interfaces
- Discuss storage methodology options and create storage pool
- Customize data movement and retention policies to meet business requirements
- Configure the IBM Spectrum Protect database and storage pools for protection
- Optimize client configuration
- Perform backup, restore, archive and retrieve operations
- Organize daily tasks required to protect the IBM Spectrum Protect environment
- Automate and monitor client and administrative tasks and events
Wer sollte teilnehmen:
This lecture and exercise based course is for implementers and administrators who are new to IBM Spectrum Protect data management.
Can you answer yes to these two statements?
1. Experience navigating Windows 2012
2. A basic understanding of concepts regarding client/server relationships
presentation, discussion, hands-on exercises, demonstrations on the system.